Considerations using MessageOps Exchange Migrator
I’ve been using MessageOps Exchange Migrator for a while now and while it is an amzing product, it isn’t without its quirks. Here are some I came across whilst migrating a small org (80 users) to Office365
- Make sure that the account you’re migrating isn’t disabled. If it is disabled, it doesn’t show up in the source mailbox list.
- Ensure the mailbox isn’t hidden from the GAL. If it is, the migration will fail with a
MAIL_E_NAMENerror and then
- Ensure you have proper rights on the mailbox you are migrating from.
- Ensure the mailbox you are migrating to has an Exchange license assigned. This can be E1, E2, E3, whatever.
- If you change change any permissions or disable/enable accounts, hit back in the tool and let it rescan everything. This saves you restarting the app and having to type all your credentials again.